Search This Blog

Tuesday 11 March 2014

THE BLISS OF FORGIVENESS


She was my confidant

She was my truest friend

My trust was she

My secrets were hers

 

My dearest friend

Who made life easier

Who brought a smile to my face

Even when my cool hit the roof

 

Who never told me I was her best friend

But was there for me, with me whenever I was in need

Who understood all my troubles

Who realised where my happiness lay

 

But suddenly went away

Because they told her I wasn’t the right friend

And they told me she was mean

And thus fell apart our friendship

 

Heartbroken was I

How could she do this to me

I was told she floated rumours

And told everyone I was a jerk

 

This infuriated me

And I proclaimed she didn’t exist for me

And she never came back to me

How I wished she’d return!

 

I hoped she’d come and say

That we were best friends

And will always be

No matter what the world says

 

Days passed, years went by

No birthday seemed fun

No festival seemed complete

Because she wasn’t there…to share

 

They told me she’d moved in my vicinity

But then reminded me that we were miles away

I said I didn’t care where she was

But my heart longed to see her

 

Finally, we did come face-to-face

It was a common friend’s party

I was standing in a corner

When she entered

 

She looked so beautiful

She’s grown slim

I remembered those days

When we chatted all through our evening walks

 

How she always complimented me on my stamina

And I reprimanded her on her laziness!

She came and stood barely a foot away

Yet we didn’t say a ‘hello’!

 

The evening gave way to the night

The music grew louder

More people started coming in

And then came the moment

 

I saw her walk towards me

My eyes lit up to welcome her

My ego stopped me from doing so

She said “Hi! Long time..”

 

I turned away, but didn’t move

She said, “I’m sorry”, her innocent face still the same

I gave her a stern look

But my heart went soft

 

Tears rolled down

I hugged her and said

“Let bygones be bygones”

She smiled and hugged me

 

My soul seemed so light

The weight I’d carried for years

Needlessly, stupidly, now no more on me

We talked and talked

 

Until next morning

When the birds started chirping

And we began a new day

The first dawn after our fallout

 

Now we’re best friends again

Our bond, strengthened

Our egos, defeated

Our love, triumphant
 

Life wasn’t worth it without her

‘Cause breathing is not living

Loving is.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment