Search This Blog

Monday 10 March 2014

ONE LAST DANCE...MY FINAL CHANCE


 

 
The stage was set

The atmosphere did glitter

My name was announced, although mispronounced

But it did not matter

I could not falter now

For I knew this was my final chance….

Perhaps my last dance

 

It was my dream to be a dancer

To express all emotions through my art

To convey all that I wanted to

To all those who mattered

My parents, who I wanted to be proud

My teacher, who I wished to win over

My art, that I yearned to master

 

My teacher had warned me

She had said “ If it’s fame you want, you don’t know the cost you’ll  pay”

Today I wanted to tell her

It’s dance that I wanted, that I want, and that I’ll always want

To say what I would never be able to speak

To discover what I would never be able to know

Through my dance, my passion, my life.

 

The time had come, the spotlights were on me

Pink, white, yellow and blue

The hall was quiet

Or maybe my own heartbeats were too loud

I had to prove a lot to others

I had to be graceful, poised, perfect

But above all, I had to be natural, I had to be Me

 

I started my worship, I began to dance

Forgetting everything that was on my mind

And let my face reflect what lay within my heart

I had not finished, but the music went off

I could not hear the song

For my ears were reverberating with the sound of clapping

I looked around…nobody was seated..they were  standing

 

I could not believe my eyes; I could not trust my ears

But I could feel my heart that was brimming with joy

I bowed my head low…in reverence of those who came to see me dance

My first audience

I had prayed they wouldn’t be my last

That is how it all started…

That is how my life began…

 

My life that is mine

The life of my dreams

My life as a dancer

As a performer

And now, my parents are proud of me

My teacher has found her faith in me

And I am happy...

 

That I made the most of my last chance

And did not let it be my final dance!


No comments:

Post a Comment